Ten Easy-To-Make, Delicious Low Carb Snacks
There are times when it seems like the entire snacking world is based on that one particular thing you are supposed to avoid, refined carbs.
Even the packaged items that claim to be healthier such as crackers, smoothies, and granola bars are packed with them. But if you look beyond the vending machine, you will find a wide range of tasty smart snack options. If done right, a low carb diet can help you lose a few unwanted pounds.
Check out these 10 easy-to-make, delicious low-carb snacks. Many of them are packed with vital nutrients like fiber, protein, and antioxidants that are good for you.
- Spinach Chips : Everyone is talking about kale chips now, but you cannot live only them alone. So why not give spinach chips a try? These chips provide only 2.4 grams of carbs per serving.
- Avocado with Seeds : Are you in the mood for something creamy? Try avocado. Give them an even healthier twist by sprinkling some sunflower seeds. This combo gives your body a healthy dose of vitamins E and K, fiber, and potassium. You get 10 grams of carbs per serving.
- Apples and Cheese : Nothing beats a sweet-and-salty snack. Mix half a cup of apple slices with string cheese for a filling and satisfying snack that gives you fiber, fat and protein. You get about 10 grams of carbs.
- Nuts : For a healthy afternoon snack, munch on some nuts. They are a good source of fiber, protein and healthy fats. Almonds are high in nutritional value as they also contain iron and calcium. A quarter-cup serving of almonds contains only 5 grams of cabs.
- Cucumbers with Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip : For a super-healthy and tasty snack, chop up some fresh parsley and chives with a bit of garlic and add them to cucumbers with ranch Greek yogurt dip. You do not need salt as the fresh herbs are packed with loads of flavor. One serving contains 10 grams of carbs.
- Cottage Cheese with Berries : Do you often crave a dessert-like snack like cheesecake? Cottage cheese with berries is a yummy alternative to a fat- and carb-filled one. Just take 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and add half a cup of frozen or fresh blueberries. You can satisfy your dessert craving with just 18 grams of carbs.
- Hard-boiled Egg with Low Carb Hot Sauce : The original grab-and-go power snack, hard-boiled eggs are full of protein and good for you. Add a little kick to your hard-boiled egg by cutting it in half and spreading on a bit of hot sauce. You get a flavorsome, healthy snack with less than 1 gram of carbs.
- Cucumber Tofu Rolls : Treat yourself to a protein-filled snack with cucumber and tofu rolls. Cut 1 1/2-inch by 2-inch extra-firm tofu slices and place on a hot pan. Pour on a vinaigrette dressing of your choice and cumin, salt, pepper and minced ginger and cook until the bottom of the tofu is slightly browned. Flip and brown the other sides too. Cut the cucumber into 1/8-inch thick slices lengthwise. Stack 4 pieces of tofu on one end of the cucumber and roll. Secure the roll with a toothpick and you are done! You get 10 grams of carbs per serving.
- Tuna Stuffed Tomato : Gain the benefits of tuna minus the carbs that come with a tuna sandwich. Make a hearty, healthy alternative with 3 ounces of tuna packed in half of a ripe tomato. One serving has only 3.5 grams of carbs.
- Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Bundles : For an elegant midday snack, try out the asparagus and salmon bundles. This is an easy-to-make snack despite its sophisticated look. All you need to do is roast the asparagus in the oven for about 10 minutes and wrap 4 or 5 of them with a slice of smoked salmon. One serving has just 5 grams of carbs.
Low-carb snacks do not have to be complicated. There are quick and easy recipes that you can try out to satisfy your hunger. Keep away from the vending machine and go for these super-healthy low-carb snacks instead!
1,001 Low Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
Ketogenic Desserts and Sweet Snacks : 20 Fat Burning Recipes
Super Paleo Snacks: 1oo Delicious, Gluten Free Snacks That Will Make Living Your Paleo Lifestyle Simple and Satisfying
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Check out the video below for other low carb snack ideas.
You may be interested
The Benefits of Online CoachingPeak Editor - May 13, 2017
The Internet has opened up our horizons in countless ways, connecting people from all corners of the globe and opening…
Hugh Jackman’s Transformation to WolverinePeak Editor - Apr 23, 2017
Hugh Jackman, the highly acclaimed Australian born actor, landed his most iconic role when he played, Wolverine in the X-Men…